Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Academic Coaching provides you with a chance to work individually with professional staff members to enhance your academic skills, gain confidence, discover motivation, and improve performance. You will meet on an individual basis at times determined by you and your academic coach.
Common Goals for Academic Coaching:
- Identify and work through obstacles getting in the way of academic success
- Develop study skills and habits necessary to be a successful college student
- Get motivated and stop procrastinating
- Prepare for tests and reduce anxiety
- Establish a balance between academic rigor and extracurricular activities
- Improve time management skills
- Learn the importance of making notes and acquire the “how to”
- Develop short and long-term goals for success
- Learn self-discipline, self-motivation and self-efficacy