A Title Page is the very first page your reader will see. It contains the title of your paper, your name, and the name of the institution you're writing from. You'll also set up your "Running head."
At this point it can be helpful to see the "Ruler." To view the "Ruler," go to the "View" tab and put a check in the box marked "Ruler."
Click HERE to download the handout.
- First step is to insert a header. Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Header"
- Select "Blank"
- Put a check-mark next to "Different First Page"
- Now you can type out your header; type the words "Running head:", followed by the short title for your paper in ALL CAPS
- Hit the "Tab" key once to bring your cursor all the way to the right, click on "Page Number"-- "Current Position" -- "Plain Number"
- When finished, your header should look like this, just click "Close Header and Footer"
- With the header closed, hit enter until your cursor is around the 2" mark; center your text, and type the full title of your paper, your name, and the institution you're writing from
- Insert a page-break, and you're ready to move on; if your instructor is requiring an Abstract, it goes after the Title Page; if there isn't an Abstract, you can start typing the main body of your paper